Monday, February 7, 2011

Black point update Feb 7, 2011

I spent 2 nights at Staniel’s Cay after two days wandering the island and snorkeling in the grotto. It was a really nice town but the rum prices were too high for me…
I sailed for Black point with Island Moon and arrived at anchor at .
Black point has pretty good village and likely the best Laundromat south of Nassau. The next day I sailed down to Farmers Cay for the 5F festival and anchored on the west side near the airport. Some boats were to close and had planes dodging the masts as they took off. The big party was on Friday and I found a great bar where the can of coke was $5 and included a glass of ice and a half pint of rum.
We went hiking to a cave with a clear pool of water in the bottom and later on watched the finish of the C-class races. The next day we sailed back up to Black Point to watch the super bowl and wait for the winds to go north so we can sail down to Georgetown on Great Exuma.
I am having overheating problems and will try to order parts for Graham to bring out with him. As long as I sail it will be fine though. The solar is keeping everything charged up and will run a couple systems as long as I don’t push too much on it. Refrigeration and inverter or refrigeration and instruments and VHF … I think the autopilot and the inverter are the big power demands…
More to follow when I get to Georgetown

No comments:

Post a Comment